Headstrong is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
Senior Development Manager & Grant Writer
About this role
Reporting to the Chief of Staff, the Senior Development Manager & Grant Writer is responsible for writing and submitting multidisciplinary and multi-collaborative grant proposals, ranging in size, scope and complexity, to a wide array of funding agencies and organizations. These include both public and private external entities, such as foundations, corporations, government, and other institutions. The Development Manager & Grant Writer will be responsible for stewarding the organizations grant submissions through the grant cycle from research phase (LOI) to submission, post (progress reports) award responsibilities, prospecting strategy, grants tracking and management.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Write high-quality, concise and compelling proposals and project manage all aspects of preparation, submission and reporting
- Research, prepare and maintain a prospecting matrix with eligibility, requirements and priority level
- Lead the execution of logic model development, gain approvals on program budgets, prepare applications and stewardship materials
- Manage a comprehensive calendar of past, current and upcoming proposals
- Coordinate with development team and finance staff on the preparation and review of financial reports, and revisions of approved grant budgets as necessary
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports for grants’ fundraising targets and current status for submissions to senior staff
- Success minded individual with the ability to relate to people
- Ability to deliver innovative results and execute independently with minimal direction
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS (graduate degree a plus but not required)
- 3-5yrs Grant Writing and Development Experience
- Have strong knowledge of procedures for private grant proposal submissions, funder selection criteria and post-award funder expectations
- Ability to work within Salesforce and AirTable
- Understanding of the military veteran community preferred
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions
A little more about you
You have an entrepreneurial streak, like to move fast and get excited at the prospect of challenging yourself and those around you to be their absolute best. You’ve already had success in your career, partly because you’re not afraid to go out on a limb for what you believe and partly because you’re just really tenacious. You get excited about working cross-functionally and want the opportunity to make a direct impact on an epic scale.
To apply for this role
Email: Please briefly explain your interest in working with Headstrong in the body of your email and attach a one page resume.
Please send your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Senior Development Manager & Grant Writer
Thanks again for your interest in Headstrong and our mission!