Headstrong is seeking a Development Manager-Programs to join Headstrong’s Business Development Team. Reporting to the Senior Development Manager, this role is primarily responsible for driving the revenue growth of Headstrong’s institutional programmatic donor portfolio that include partnerships with foundations, corporations and government organizations. The Development Manager-Programs provides strong programmatic expertise and technical leadership to the Business Development team to maximize the inclusion of programmatic options in proposals developed for donors while implementing new strategies to cultivate strong relationships and secure philanthropic gifts. The Development Manager-Programs will also assist with exploratory market research, pipelining lead management, grant proposal writing, management and tracking through Headstrong’s project management tool. The ideal candidate has strong project management skills, is able to address urgent requests, work in a fast-paced environment, and demonstrate professionalism while effectively supporting initiatives and managing multiple streams of communication. The Development Manager-Programs must have critical thinking skills, basic knowledge of public health principles and awareness of veteran mental health challenges.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effectively articulate, verbally and in writing, Headstrong’s’ history, mission, vision, and programs to potential funding sources.
- Works closely with leadership, internal and external stakeholders to develop specific programmatic strategies to secure philanthropic gifts.
- Identifies, researches, cultivates, solicits and stewards community partnerships and collaborations to assist in the development and growth of donor prospects identified by the leadership team.
- With the guidance of the Senior Development Manager, assists with major donor prospect research.
- Work with Senior Program Manager to support current and future program market landscape analysis to identify institutional giving prospects to add Headstrong’s strategic development efforts.
- Investigates, identifies, implements and oversees the maintenance of systems to gather, track and report information to support the initiatives of special programs (WWP, TWA, Boeing, etc.)
- Manage overall trends in programmatic institutional giving with support from the Business analytics team. Identify trends in the current database with regards to forecasting for ROI reporting.
- Work with external teams (Marketing, Field Operations) to develop measurements to evaluate success of planned strategic initiatives as they relate to prospect lead generation.
- Contributes to the fundraising operations and assists in the management of program communications’ identifying outreach potential and promoting philanthropic and collaborative support of the program.
- Initiate ongoing improvements with reporting and system enhancements with appropriate teams.
- Support special projects and initiatives as needed
- Strong organizational & time management skills.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to monitor, compile and analyze data to guide decision making.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional relationships and build successful and effective relationships.
- Ability to communicate technical information and requirements to team members and leadership.
- Ability to manage multiple internal stakeholders
- Adaptive Communication Skills
- Specialized Masters, MPA or MBA degree a plus
- BA/BS Degree
- 3-5yrs Development Experience
- Grant writing and management experience
- Comfort & experience working in adaptive non-profit organizations.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Have strong knowledge of procedures for private grant proposal submissions, funder selection criteria and post-award funder expectations
- Ability to work within Salesforce and Asana
- Understanding of the military veteran community preferred
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions
Location: Greater New York City/Washington D.C, Remote Considered
Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package including comprehensive health, dental, vision and life insurance, paid vacation, paid sick time, Flexible Spending Account plans for health and dependent care, a 401(k)-retirement plan with a generous employer match. All benefits are eligible on Day 1 of employment.
Headstrong Project Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Headstrong Project Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other category protected by law. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete an employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.