Headstrong Project Inc.
Headstrong Project Inc. is a non-profit organization that works to create a more effective and equitable mental health choice for the nation’s veterans, military service members, and their connected families by generating access to quality trauma-informed care and innovating mental health delivery systems nationally.
Currently operating out of 12 states plus the District of Columbia, Headstrong is a team of community-based clinical providers in private practice and others who seek to improve the quality of mental health care. By establishing and managing networks of providers without building brick and mortar facilities, Headstrong maximizes fundraised dollars towards the delivery of care provided by our experienced trauma clinicians.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Manager of Institutional Giving will be responsible for building and maintaining funder relationships with institutional donors. These include both public and private external entities, such as foundations, corporations, governments, and other institutions. The Manager of Institutional Giving will serve as the lead relationship manager for their evolving portfolio of donors and will lead donor strategy, solicitation, stewardship, communication, and reporting. The manager will be responsible for overseeing the organization’s grant submissions through the grant cycle; from the research phase to submission, post-award responsibilities and stewardship, grant tracking, and management. The individual will provide oversight and support of Classy campaigns, 3rd party events, employee giving platforms, and additional fundraising opportunities as appropriate. The manager will collaborate across teams with colleagues in Finance, Clinical, Impact, Business Operations, and Marketing & Communications to develop customized and effective grant proposals, campaigns, and stewardship strategies and to ensure effective execution of grant deliverables.
- Responsible for the full lifecycle of institutional revenue development: prospecting, execution, reporting, stewardship, and engagement
- Research, prepare and maintain prospects pipeline on an ongoing basis
- Lead the execution of proposal development
- Maintain accurate records of donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities through organizations’ CRM, Salesforce
- Coordinate with the development team and finance staff on the preparation and review of financial reports, and revisions of approved grant budgets as necessary
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports for grants’ fundraising targets and current status for submissions to senior staff and Board of managers
- Maintain sales and stewardship material and fundraising assets
- Identify opportunities and help drive process improvements related to relationship management and information sharing internally
- Maintain superior relationships with institutional funders through regular communications, reporting and occasional meetings
- Manage renewal and growth of existing partners and development of new partners through new business outreach and solicitation
Strategy and Forecasting:
- Work with the Senior Director of Finance to forecast institutional revenue probability date quarterly and annually, leverage historical data to support and project institutional revenue annually and overtime
- Monitor trends, policies, and legislation that impact or create funding opportunities
- In partnership with CDO, CEO and CSO deepen existing donor relationships through an assortment of support including financial, cause marketing, employee engagement, executive leadership engagement, in-kind support, awareness, and advocacy
- Assist, as needed, in producing and editing materials, such as donor briefings, presentations, collateral, solicitation letters, articles, newsletters, and reports.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the organization’s history, programs, current initiatives, financial goals and strategic priorities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS Degree
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions
- 5-7 yrs combined Development, Institutional Giving, and grant writing experience
- Strong track record of fundraising with institutional donors or partners, including a history of meeting or exceeding revenue goals and experience stewarding large, complex donations and grants
- Ability to initiate and deliver innovative results and execute independently with minimal direction
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- A deep understanding of donor relationship building
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; ability to inspire funders and partners; skilled at communicating complex ideas and tailoring information to different audiences.
- Ability to work cross-functionally within Salesforce and Project Management software
- Experience building and executing cause marketing campaigns preferred
- Experience soliciting and executing government grants preferred
- Experience in the military and veteran ecosystem is a plus
Position Type: Full-time, weekend, and evening hours may be necessary
Location: Headstrong Headquarters is located in New York City, NY. Hybrid work location is encouraged for collaboration for Tri-state area staff. Location is flexible.
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package including comprehensive health, dental, and life insurance, 23 days paid time off, Flexible Spending Account plans for health and dependent care, a 401(k)-retirement plan with a generous employer match.
Headstrong Project Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Headstrong Project Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other category protected by law. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete an employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org